Jaxson turned 20 months today! We are closing in on the ominous “Terrible Two’s” (and getting a little preview) and Jax is growing by leaps and bounds and learning so much. Children really are little sponges at this stage, picking up on not only actions but words and it is really just amazing to see the world through his little eyes every day.
And now for the updates!
• walks on all fours – yep, like an animal
• hums and sings to himself while playing
• gasps in surprise or amazement – at any and everything it seems, although to him I’m sure the things we take for granted really are extraordinary
• goes down the slide on his own – and is even adventurous enough to stand up at the top now (oy vey!)
• puts on his sandals & tries to put on his shoes (which are size 7/7.5 now!)
• jumping on the bed, couch, etc.
• “blowing bubbles” (when we give him the wand w/o any soap on
• definitely musically inclined and can keep a beat on his little drum
• variations of “Guinea Pig” including “geeny” and “pig”
• Doozer (Dooz) & Murphy (Mur), which are the names of our Guinea pigs
• Bet (Aunt Betti), Jo (cousin Jolie), Mahh (cousin Marque), and Mii (Uncle Mike), Chess-y (Aunt Chelsea)
• yellow…which is now the ONLY color he’ll say most of the time
• bluh (bless you, when you sneeze)
• pleeeee (please)
• thank you
• “Oh, man!”
• boo-boo (whenever he gets hurt, and then he runs over to us for a kiss)
• hiyah (like karate)
• “Ew!” (which he tends to use for anything on the floor such as dirt, paper, worms (outside on the porch after it rains), Guinea pig bedding, etc. and he picks it up and hands it to us to throw away)
• Beginning (understandable) sentences! As in “Go Car” when he wants to go somewhere, or “Move Mommy” when I don’t get out of the way fast enough for him
• Pizza crust! Which was the first time he willingly ate any sort of bread product other than Publix cookies
• The beach! We went a few weekends ago with Uncle Mike and Aunt Betti and Jax absolutely loved playing in the water. He was afraid of the waves at first, but started calling them “bubble water” and I would pick him up over them as they rushed in which he thought was great fun. We didn’t have his swimsuit or I would have tried taking him in a little bit, so maybe next time.
• Plane rides! Jax had his first flight when we went to visit J’s grandparents for their anniversary and for me and Jax to meet most of her step-dad’s side of the family in NY. Although we missed our flight there we ended up getting on a nonstop flight that night and Jax was perfect! He didn’t have any issues with his ears popping or getting motion sick and belly-laughed so hard when we landed. On the way home, he slept on me almost the whole ride and didn’t wake up until after we got back into the airport.
• Guinea Pigs! We cleaned out and re-did Terrapin’s old tank as a Guinea Pig enclosure and Jax loves watching them run around and play. He even holds them so nicely in his lap and gives them gentle pets, although he keeps trying to poke them in the eye too so we have to keep an close eye on him.
• Listening…hence my prior statement of the preview of the “Terrible Two’s”. Most of the time he is so good at listening and following the rules, but lately he has been pushing every single button J and I have, which results in timeouts, spankings, and his subsequent tears and screeching screams. Incidentally, such screams are Mamas’ new dislike this month.
• Jax’s eyes are no longer that crisp blue-grey, and have instead started to match J’s green eyes. They still change depending on what he’s wearing, but they definitely no longer just grey or blue anymore. I love it – I wanted him to have her eye color!
• Jaxson is 100% an animal-lover. He is so gentle and kind with animals of any type and size, always fascinated with them. He is so good with Bubba, our 15 year old cat, going over and sitting next to him, giving him hugs and kisses and gentle pets. He loves to hold Murphy & Doozer, our Guinea Pigs, although I think he prefers Murphy for some reason.
• He surprised J the other day with his knowledge of animal noises, even ones we didn’t know he knew. We’d worked on elephant a while ago, but he’s recently popped out with “Hoo! Hoo!” for owls and “naaaaaaay” for a horse, which is just hilarious and the cutest thing I’ve ever heard.
• He has favorite songs, so when they come on in the car he starts singing super loudly and dancing in his car seat. We pulled out his tiny drum so he can use it all the time and he bangs on it with the drumsticks and sings or hums. Our boy is definitely a little musician in the making!
• He loves to be outside, and luckily we were able to get our porch cleaned off for him so that he can go out there again now. He will just sit there and watch the squirrels and birds in the yard and the leaves blowing in the wind. We still need to fix up and assemble his playset, which we think he’s just about big enough to go on soon!
Jaxson had a great month, full of fun new experiences! He really enjoyed the beach and I think we’ll have to suck it up and visit more often so he can have fun there. He loved the plane rides and charmed J’s family when we went to NY and absolutely loved Great-Papa, although he did not sleep a wink in the hotel (nor did we). He loves music, animals, and being outdoors and he’s learning and growing so much lately that we just can’t keep up. He is absolutely amazing, wonderful, and loving, despite the tantrums and attitude he sports from time to time. Really, though, we are just two lucky moms who love our little boy so much and enjoy watching him grow up every day.
And Finally, Pictures!