Jaxson turned 22 months today! He’s been a very busy boy, playing and growing and driving Mommies crazy. But at the end of the day, all the snuggles and kisses make it all better. 🙂
- Hello! (finally! but only while pretending to talk on the phone)
- Daniel (as in Daniel Tiger)
- Babe (as in, “hey babe!” which he hears J & I say to each other)
- (Aunt) Chelsea
- “New-new Car”
- “Mommy and Me book”
- Leaf, Tree
- Garbage (he is such a great helper and helps me take it out!)
- Bubble bath
- He’s starting to string words together in a sentence, and is getting the hang of manners such as “more, please”
- He’s able to sort his toys by type. We have a bin that is only for his cars and no matter how messy the other toy bins get, it’s guaranteed the car bin will ONLY have cars in it.
- He most definitely has memories now. The other morning J woke him up and he started saying “car Mommy and me” which were the two books we’d read together the night before.
- “Drawing” – we have one of those magnetic boards with the pen and he loves drawing pictures for us.
- Matchbox cars (really, ANY cars/trucks/planes/motorcycles/trains/etc.)
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood (the one show he will literally stop everything to sit and watch!)
- Drinkable yogurt, which is good because at least he’s getting something in his belly.
- We put up our Hanukkah decorations and the Christmas tree after Thanksgiving while Jax was napping. When he woke up he gasps in amazement, pointing to the lights, and going “Ooooooh!”
- Christmas lights, we drove around the other night looking and he kept saying “Pretty! More please!” SO CUTE!
- Mommies not letting him get away with whatever he wants (complete with full-on throwing-himself-on-the-floor tantrums)
- Sitting in the shopping cart, he tries getting out constantly and sometimes we just have to let him sit in the big part if we’re not at the grocery store.
- Eating…anything. He’s been so difficult with food lately, he’s even turning up his nose at old favorites.
And Everything Else:
- If you ask Jax a question that he has to “think” about – he’ll scratch his head and go “hmmmm”.
- We told Jax that we are going to have another baby eventually, and for fun we asked him if he thought it would be a boy or a girl. He replied that it will be a “people baby”!
- The answer to every question is always “no” and every color is still “yellow”.
- Aunt Betti came to visit one weekend with cousin Jolie & Marque and we had a great night at the county fair! Jax got to ride a lot of fun rides this time and we all got to go on the Carousel together.
- We had a great Thanksgiving, with breakfast at my parents’ house and then dinner at J’s parents’ house. Aunt Beck & Uncle Charlie along with cousin Riley & Caden came to visit. Jax had a fun time playing with them, despite his bad attitude from not napping.
- We got a new car because J’s car died for the last time…Jax loves his new car and so do Mommies because now everyone has a lot more room!
- Discipline has been tough – he’s old enough to understand when he’s doing something wrong, but after the 500th time of saying “No, don’t ____”, we just want to give up. We don’t like saying no, but he’s definitely entering Terrible Two land where he’s starting to fight us on every. single. thing. just for the sake of fighting it and seeing if we’ll be consistent.
- He gives the best snuggles and kisses right before bedtime, where he grabs you tight around the neck and gives you a squeeze and/or a pat on the back, and a big kiss! He’s such a loving boy!