WOW! Where has the year gone? This is the last update of 2014, and the last time Jax will have a “XX Months” update….next time, Jax will be 2 YEARS OLD! I’m glad to be doing away with the monthly count of his age, although we’ve mostly discarded it in real-life (instead saying “he’ll be 2 at the end of January”). Regardless, Jax is such an amazing and wonderful little boy and we are so blessed to call him ours. We never knew we could love a boy so much!
- (Aunt) Tabi & (Uncle) Darin and the names of their 3 boys!
- Come here
- Home (he recognizes our street now and says Home! Home! until we pull into the garage)
- Help and Help Me
- Moley! (guacamole)
- Hanukkah & Menorah (a little garbled, but he knows what he’s trying to say!)
- Yes! (finally – it was kind of annoying having everything be “no” lol)
- All done/All gone
- Love you Mama/Mommy! (which we are oh-so-excited to finally hear) and also says it to Nana, Aunt Panda, Papa, and the Guh-Guhs 🙂
- Sentences! And manners! He says “play, please” and also “thank you Mama/Mommy”
- Getting undressed (shirt and pants)
- Talking on the phone
- He’s starting to learn to count, although when he says four it sounds like wh*re instead which always makes us laugh
- He’s a huge climber and can also jump with both feet leaving the ground now.
- He likes puzzles – figuring out how something works or playing a game, he’s pretty smart
- Singing! We’re working on the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Carrying a tune (he can do-do-do to “Eye of the Tiger” like nobody’s business)
- Ask Jax what a drum says, he goes “do do do”, ask about a cymbal, he says “tsch tsch tsch”, both complete with hand motions.
- Opening the garage and front doors, which meant the introduction of those obnoxious plastic pieces on the doorknob which are also adult-proof.
- Opening the car doors
- Getting better using forks and spoons, and he’s even started using a plate.
- Helping with tasks such as: put this in the laundry basket, take this to your room, throw this in the garbage,
- Guacamole – he definitely takes after me with the love of Chili’s chips and salsa/guacamole!
- Snuggling with Mommies in our bed in the morning and watching Mickey Mouse together. We used to do this more often then fell out of habit of doing it, but now when one of us goes to get him in the morning he runs to the gate by our side of the house and says “Mama, bed? Mickey Mouse!” Cutest. Thing. Ever.
- His super-cool new light-up Star Wars shoes, complete with light saber sound effects
- Christmas lights
- Getting cleaned up before getting up from the table. We had switched him out of the booster seat and just had him sitting on cushions on our dining table chairs, but he kept getting up mid-meal and running into the living room to smear his gooey face on the leather couch, or would throw a fit when we tried wiping him up. So he lost that privilege and is back in the booster seat with his “seatbelt” again.
- He also has a renewed hatred of getting his diaper changed and pitches a fit when you put him up on the changing table. I really can’t wait til he is potty-trained!
And Everything Else:
- He’s really starting to exhibit independence. This is where Mommies have to give up a little control and just let him go at it. He’s been having a great time figuring out things on his own and having fun. We let him run around in the backyard now by himself (we sit on the porch and watch) and he has a blast. The other day he brought J a flower he picked for her – so cute! He’s also wanting to do things for himself like washing in the bath and putting on his shoes. He likes helping pick out his outfit for the day and brushes his hair and teeth. It’s so fun to see him become his own little (wonderful) person!
- My cousin Tabi and her family moved to our city this month! Tabi and I were very close throughout our childhood and although we lived a few hours apart, we have always had a bond like sisters. I am so excited to have the opportunity to reconnect with her and watch our children grow up together!
- Jaxson got to experience his first Christmas parade, which he loved. He especially enjoyed seeing all the high school bands playing the drums! We also drove through our local park that sets up a huge light display and he really had a good time. We also found a home that has a whole light show set to music and Jax LOVED it. He kept conducting in the back seat of the car!
- We went to a Hanukkah parade! It is usually all about Christmas where we live, since we don’t really have a huge Jewish community like J grew up with in South Florida, so it was really nice to be able to go out and celebrate of Hanukkah with our little family. They had Hebrew music which he loved and dance and sang along with, faux snow, and a parade with menorahs on top of the cars.
- Speaking of Hanukkah, we also went down to South Florida to celebrate with J’s family! This was the first year going for Jax and I, and we were really happy we were able to go so Jax could meet family he hadn’t yet met. He got to play with his cousins and it was just a really nice time and he got some really great gifts, too.
- Christmas was a huge hit as well. Jax got a lot of great toys and super cute clothes to grow into. It was really fun this year because he understood opening gifts and could do it himself. He won’t throw the paper on the floor though and hands you every little scrap.
- Jax has also started naming his toy animals. He has a tiny monkey he named Baby MoMo and a tiny lion he named Kanye. Yes, you read that right. We have no idea why he chose it but it’s pretty funny hearing him call for Kanye now!
P.S. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2015. I know we are expecting good things next year! 🙂