TTC #1 (Jaxson)
Our first baby, Jaxson Bennett, was born on January 31, 2013, but it wasn’t a quick, short journey. Wondering how we got where we are today? Well here’s a timeline to tell you just that!
May 2011: First OBGYN visit before getting started.
June 2011: First baseline ultrasound…and we get the OK to start trying for a baby at home.
July 2011: We choose our donor from NY Cryos (“Todd”) and try inseminating at home for the first time. BFN. 😦
August 2011: We try again at home at the beginning of the month. BFN. 😦
September 2011: Our last attempt to inseminate at home. BFN. 😦
October 2011: We take the month off, deciding to visit our OBGYN to make sure everything’s OK since we’re not pregnant yet.
November 2011: Visit with OBGYN Dr. Connors about not getting pregnant yet. Get the referral to go see the Fertility Doctor for evaluation.
January 2012: First visit with the Fertility Doctor & found out J isn’t ovulating. Had some ultrasounds, lots of blood work, and tests tests and more tests…and finally we have a plan!
February 2012: J had an HSG and a couple more blood tests to prep for our first IUI at the Fertility Doctor’s office later this month! 🙂
IUI Cycle #1 – February-March 2012:
- February 20: CD 3 ultrasound – no cysts! Good to go!
- February 22-26: Take Clomid 50 mg CD 5-9.
- February 29: CD 12 – follow-up ultrasound to check on follicle recruitment and growth. She has a whopping 4 follicles with one literally ready to go right now, two more close behind, and one straggler. Trigger given at the appointment at 9:45 a.m.
- March 1: CD 13 – IUI at 9:45 a.m.
- March 15: BFN. 😦
March-April 2012: Had to take a break to let the cysts on J’s ovaries go away naturally. On the plus side, we FINALLY tie the knot on April 27! YAY! 🙂
IUI Cycle #2 – May-June 2012:
- May 9: CD 3 ultrasound – no more cysts! We are a GO for this cycle! FINALLY!
- May 11-15: Take Clomid 50 mg CD 5-9.
- May 17: CD 11 – J has been feeling “funny” today and worried we will miss ovulation, so she calls to have her appointment moved up to today. The ultrasound shows she has two follicles ready to go and I gave her the Ovidrel trigger shot at home at 9 p.m.
- May 19: CD 13 – We have IUI#2 at 9 a.m.
- May 27: CD 21/8 DPO – J takes a home pregnancy test = BFN.
- June 2: CD 27/14 DPO – Since she didn’t have her period when she woke up this morning, J agrees to take a home pregnancy test at my insistence. OMG it’s a BFP!!!
- June 4: CD 29/16 DPO – Even though the home pregnancy tests were positive, official blood results came in today. Results: 100! WE’RE PREGNANT! EDD: 2/8/2013!
- June 6: CD 31/18 DPO – Second beta today shows HCG level of 242 = doubling time of 37.6 hours/1.6 days, which is right on target! Progesterone levels also look great!
- June 14: 5w5d – First ultrasound showing that baby has implanted perfectly and is developing right on schedule…we have a yolk sac & a fetal pole…all the beginnings of our perfect little one! Our next ultrasound is in two weeks to hear the heartbeat!
- June 17: 6w1d – J started spotting some but without cramps and it was not bright red. Called the Dr. and he advised this was normal and to take it easy for a few days.
- June 28: 7w6d – Second ultrasound showing a perfect little heartbeat! We are released from the RE back to the OB and give our new “official” due date of February 13, 2013. Baby should arrive just in time for Valentine’s Day!
- July 14: We are now 10 weeks along and 1/4 of the way there!
- July 24: First prenatal visit with our regular OB, Dr. Connors. Got an ultrasound and got to see those fingers and toes! Our baby is getting big and is VERY active. 🙂
- August 10: We had our 1st trimester ultrasound scan – a 45 minute long study so we got a long time to look at our baby! It is really active in there and we got to see the baby clap and suck its thumb. We don’t know if its a he or a she yet though!
- August 11: Welcome to the second trimester! We’re 1/3 of the way there! J had blood work taken and a 1 hour glucose test today.
- August 21: 3rd month checkup went well and baby’s doing fine. J is being sent to a cardiologist and pulmonologist to check out her dizziness and shortness of breath, but Dr. Connors assured us it is probably nothing to worry about. Blood work and glucose test were fine!
- August 29: Cardiologist appointment, everything seems fine, just the stresses of pregnancy. He is sending her for an ultrasound of her heart just to make sure.
- August 31: J has the heart ultrasound and everything is perfect!
- September 1: Baby now has fingerprints!
- September 8: Received an email from someone using the same donor as us that is due January 2013! Wow!
- September 16: Fifth ultrasound today, and we found out who’s in there – JAXSON BENNETT!
- September 18: 4th month checkup today and the ultrasound results show there may be an abnormality in Jaxson’s brain ventricles. We are being sent to Dr. Morales, a perinatologist, for a second level ultrasound.
- September 22: 20 WEEKS! We are now halfway through the pregnancy, and to celebrate we did a 3D/4D ultrasound and really got to see Jaxson wiggling around in J’s belly. So fun!
- September 25: First perinatologist appointment with Dr. Morales – the ultrasound showed NO BRAIN PROBLEMS! However, the placenta is lying low in a marginal placenta previa, so we come back in 6 weeks to see if it has moved up any.
- October 6: 22 weeks and I finally got to feel Jaxson kick! YAY!
- October 8: Took J to the emergency room with a severe asthma attack. Got everything checked out and found out she has the beginnings of bronchitis. 😦
- October 18: 5th month checkup and everything’s going great! J is finally feeling better from her bout of bronchitis, too. 🙂
- November 3: BABY SHOWER! We had so much fun and got lots of great gifts. Not to mention, today was also SIX MONTHS! Can’t believe it has already been half a year that J has been pregnant. WOW!
- November 7: Second perinatologist appointment with Dr. Morales – Jaxson is continuing to develop perfectly! He now weighs 2 lb 3 oz! The placenta is still marginal previa so we are going back in 6-7 weeks for yet another ultrasound to check on its position. Please move up!
- November 10: Welcome to the third trimester! We’re in the home stretch now!
- November 15: 6th month check up with Dr. Carlin – not a fan! Looks like we may just have to grin and bear it until Dr. Connors returns from her medical leave February 1st. Yikes!
- December 1: 3D ultrasound with our moms, B’s sister Meghan, and J’s cousin Chelsea. YAY! 🙂
- December 6: 31 week check up with Dr. Carlin.
- December 9: Seven months!
- December 12: J goes to visit the OB because she is really sick…rushed over to the pulmonologist and pulled from work for rest due to her asthma issues. It was much sooner than expected, but hopefully for the best!
- December 19: Third perinatologist appointment with Dr. Morales was cancelled due to his flooded office…rescheduled for January 3.
- December 27: 34 week check up with Dr. Carlin…and we find out we are getting yet another new Doctor in the meantime before Dr. Connors returns in February. J has a touch of high blood pressure remedied by lying on her left side for a while, but comes back next week for a check-up on it just in case.
- December 29: Eight months!
- January 1: Happy New Year! 40 days left until Jaxson’s due date!! It is hard to believe that this time next year, Jax will be almost a year old!
- January 3: Quick check up with the new interim doctor, Dr. Johnson, for J’s high blood pressure (perfect!), follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist (excellent!), and the third perinatologist appointment with Dr. Morales to check on the placenta previa status (which has resolved and no more mandatory C-Section! YAY!).
- January 11: 30 days until Jaxson’s due date!
- January 17: 37 week check up & Strep B test.
- January 21: 20 days until Jaxson’s due date!
- January 24: 38 week check up.
- January 31: Today should have been our 39 week check up, but Jaxson showed up early! You can read about it here: Happy Birthday Jaxson! and Jaxson’s Arrival.
And that’s that! Move on over to Jaxson’s Page for a timeline of his milestones now that’s here. 🙂